Thursday, April 17, 2014

Chick-fil-a Carrot Salad

I ABSOLUTELY HATE CARROTS! I will avoid them like the plague! I don't like them cooked or fresh! (Besides carrot cake which breaks the rules because it is cake)But besides in Cake I HATE CARROTS!  Growing up I actually believed I was allergic to carrots and often wondered why God would make such a discussing vegetable! But let me tell you a short story. My friend Shell made this salad one time and brought it to dinner one night. I cringed when she put it down on my counter.... carrots! I HATE carrots! But not wanting to be rude I took a microscopic bit of this carrot salad she brought. Taking a bite and thinking I would need to swallow it with a giant gulp of water, I was not prepare for the deliciousness of this salad! I got up and actually got seconds..... And thirds..... And actually I wanted to lick the bowl! This is NOT normal carrot salad. It must be magic because if you can make me want seconds of anything with that disgusting orange vegetable, it must be magic! Did I mention I hate carrots? Anyways, this recipe is amazing! I even did something I have never done before, I asked my husband to bring me a bag of carrots.... Yes I did! And then I made this salad. And then my boys and I ate the bowl of it! It tastes NOTHING like carrots! And if my dad was right about carrots being good for my eyes, then I have no problem eating my share of carrots in this salad. My eyes will be great! So contrary to my former belief that carrots would make my mouth shrivel up and die, I will admit that this and only this salad is the ONLY way  I will eat carrots!  Try it, you won't believe the yumminess of it. It might even change your whole life!!

Chick-fil-a Carrot Raisin Salad 
4 cups shredded carrots(make sure it is small shreds)
1 (20oz) can crushed pineapple
3/4 cup mayonnaise
1 TBSP lemon juice
1/2 cup raisins
Mix all together. ENJOY!

No comments:

Post a Comment