Monday, September 8, 2014

Poppy-seed Chicken

You ever have those days where you are so busy doing something you don't realize dinner time has approached and you haven't done anything that was planned, so then you deviate from that plan and throw something together and it turns out to be a EPIC FAIL?  Husband doesn't really like it, Kids gag and whine about eating it, and you honestly didn't like it either, so then you just skip right to the ice cream? Ever have those days? yeah well today was one of those and we did just jump to the ice cream.

Well instead of giving a recipe that ended in disaster, I will give you one that I made a few nights ago that was a BIG hit! My husband actually asked why I have never made this before? And honestly I don't really know why I haven't but it will now go into the list of "favorites" and what I like about it is it is super easy and uses very few ingredients!

Poppy-Seed Chicken
4-5 chicken breast
1 cup plain yogurt (or sour cream)
1 can Cream of Chicken soup
1 roll(about 2 cups) of Ritz Crackers or Saltine crumbled
1 TBSP Poppy Seeds
1 stick margarine( I used 1/2 a stick)

Place chicken in a casserole dish or pan. Mix Soup and yogurt together, pour over chicken. Crush crackers and mix in seeds and then spread over soup mixture. Melt butter and pour over top the crackers. Bake at 350 degrees for about 40 minutes till chicken is done.  This is good served with rice to soak up all the yummy sauce.

No comments:

Post a Comment