Monday, August 25, 2014

Creamy Tomato Parmesan Pasta with Chicken

This is one of my Go To recipes when I need a quick lunch or dinner for my family and friends. It is not fancy but it is tasty!

Creamy Tomato Parmesan Pasta with Chicken

1 box Farfalle Pasta( I have used Rotini and Penne pasta for this too)
2 TBSP Olive oil(divided)
1 lb ground chicken (I normally DO NOT HAVE ground chicken so I just use chicken breast, cook it  and chop it)
1/2 tsp kosher salt
1/2 TBSP dried Oregano
1/4 tsp black pepper
2 garlic cloves, minced
3 TBSP tomato paste
1 1/2 cup half & half (I use evaporate milk if I don't have this)
1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
salt
pepper
1 cup fresh or 1 can rinsed and drained diced tomatoes
Fresh Spinach

Cook pasta according to box
Heat 1 TBSP olive oil over medium high heat in a skillet. Add ground chicken, salt, oregano, pepper. Cook till chicken is browned. Move to a plate and set aside.
In same skillet add 1 TBSP olive oil and heat over medium heat. Add garlic and salt. Saute 2 minutes. Add tomato paste, stir, and then add half and half slowly. Stir really well. Turn heat to low. Add Parmesan cheese and stir till melted and smooth. In a bowl add pasta, chicken, tomatoes, and spinach. Pour sauce over and stir. The heat will cook the spinach. Serve.   

No comments:

Post a Comment