Thursday, October 23, 2014

Apple Butter Pork Loin

Fall is here on the coast of North Carolina and we just got back from a wonderful, refreshing trip to the North Carolina mountains. Nothing like cool, crisp air with fall colors all around to get you into a Fall-ish mood. I tried this recipe tonight and I found it Fall-tastic! Homey, Warm, and perfect for a fall dinner with your family. I served it with Kale and boiled potatoes. YUMMY! It was easy but it did take 3 hours of cooking in the oven. But let me tell you, the 3 hours were worth it. It was falling apart when I took it out. I didn't even need to slice it. It was such a cozy dinner to eat on this chilly evening.

Apple Butter Pork Loin
2 lb pork loin
seasoning salt (to taste)
2 cups apple juice
1/2 cup apple butter ( I used Peach Butter I made, Recipe below)
1/4 cup brown sugar
2 TBSP water
1/4 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp ground cloves

Preheat oven to 350 degrees
Season the pork loin with seasoning salt and place pork loin in a baking dish or roasting pan. Pour apple juice over pork loin. Cover dish with foil and bake for 1 hour. While pork is cooking, mix together apple butter, brown sugar, water, cinnamon, cloves.
Remove pork from oven. Spread apple butter mixture over pork. Cover and return to oven for 2 hours till fork tender.


 ~If you need a recipe for apple butter I posted it a while back in the Slow cooker section. Here is the link to it.
 Crock Pot Apple Butter/ Peach butter
 It was so easy and turned out delicious!

No comments:

Post a Comment