Thursday, December 15, 2016

Korean Beef

First thing first. I am NOT Korean and I have never made Korean food before, but I love to EAT Korean Food! I won't ever try to spell anything we have eaten correctly, but our neighbor in Alaska who was Korean got Keith and I hooked on Korean food. Last night I was relaxing and planning out meals, which involves searching for "new to try" recipes on Pintrest. I ran across this recipe and then all of a sudden I was craving Korean food. Besides Sesame oil, I had all the ingredients! I made this Korean Beef for dinner and made white rice to go with it. Then I had an idea that these might make yummy Lettuce Wraps! Getting my kids to eat anything green is a challenge, but they gobbled this up!  It was super easy, super fast and super delicious! So I'm not claiming this to be authentic Korean food, but it sure tasted great and I was rewarded with 3 "you should make this again!" Score one for Mommy tonight!

Korean Beef
1 lbs Ground Beef
3 Garlic cloves
1/4 cup Soy sauce
1/4 cup brown sugar
2 tsp sesame oil
1/2 tsp ground ginger(the recipe called for 3 in of fresh ginger but I never know how to use that)
Cooked Rice
Roasted Sesame seeds -garnish
3 Scallions-garnish

Brown beef with garlic till the meat is a little crunchy. In a bowl mix Soy sauce, Brown sugar, Sesame oil and ginger. Pour over cooked beef and mix well and cook till heated through. Serve over rice.  Garnish with sesame seeds and scallions. This is when we mixed up the rice and meat and loaded it into a leaf of lettuce. We will be eating this again!

No comments:

Post a Comment