Friday, March 17, 2017

Irish Nachos

It's St. Patrick's Day and like all good (Not So) Irish people, we had to have some Irish food. Ok, since I have never been to Ireland, I am not a pro on this subject, but I have googled and researched and according to my research Potatoes, Corned Beef and Cabbage is Irish.... so let me know if I'm wrong. But I found a recipe that I really wanted to try called Rueben Nachos. However I dislike sauerkraut! Strongly! But I had an idea and changed the recipe. I actually changed it a lot. Here's my version of Irish  nachos.

Irish Nachos
Peel and slice 4 large potatos. Drizzle with olive oil, season with salt, pepper, and any other seasonings you want (I used a Pampered Chef Rosemary blend) Layer on a baking pan. Bake at 350 degrees till soft and edges are crisp. Scatter chopped corned beef over potatoes. Top with cheese. I used a fiesta blend and mozzarella. Bake till cheese is melted. When done top with ranch dressing. The recipe calls for sauerkraut but as I said before I dislike it, so I made a Zambian Cabbage.  Top the nachos and enjoy! 

For Zambian Cabbage, I heat some oil in a sauce pan, then add chopped onions and chopped tomatoes. Let it stew a little and then add Cabbage that is cut thin. Add just a little bit of water. Cover and let it cook and stir occasionally till its soft. Add salt and pepper to taste. 

No comments:

Post a Comment