Friday, February 16, 2018

Chicken Thighs with Apple, Mushroom & Bacon Cream Sauce

According to my three little food critics, if I were to open a restaurant, this recipe would be the one to make me famous. It is the most requested dish in our house, besides tacos. It is a great recipe to have in Maine during apple season. But I make it year round. This recipe was created after finding one on Pinterest that I sounded yummy, but the process was not what I wanted. So I just went with it and created my own. I must say it is pretty tasty and my tough critics love it. So now I'm sharing it with you who read this.

Chicken Thighs with Apple, Mushroom & Bacon Cream Sauce

6 Chicken Thighs
2 TBSP oil
2 slices of bacon(diced)
1/2 cup diced onion
1/2 cup diced mushrooms
1 cup apple cider
1 cup water with bouillion cube (or chicken stock)
1/2 cup apple butter(or apple sauce)
2 cups chopped apples
1 tsp Italian seasoning
1/2 heavy cream
1 TBSP corn starch(mixed in a little bit of water)
salt and pepper to taste

In a skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Season chicken with salt and pepper (I use Adobo which is a Puerto Rican seasoning). Place thighs in hot oil and cook till golden brown and a bit crispy, flip and cook other side. When cooked through move to plate till later.

In pan with drippings, add bacon and cook till done. Add onions and mushrooms, and cook till tender. about 5 minutes. Pour in Apple cider and Chicken stock. Mix in Apple butter and Italian seasoning. Mix well, add apples and cook on low about 5 minutes. Add Cream.  Mix in corn starch. Cook till thickened. Add chicken back to pan and simmer in cream sauce 5 minutes.

Serve with Wild Rice, roasted potatoes or our favorite is Roasted Butternut squash.

No comments:

Post a Comment