Tuesday, August 8, 2017

Taco Bowls

I found a recipe for Taco bowls that sounds delicious and I planned to make them later this week with the left over meat I made for tacos tonight. I mean it is Taco Tuesday, but keith is out of town so I knew we wouldn't eat all the meat tonight with just us 4.... or so I thought.  I have always had the best of intentions of making my own taco seasoning, to make it all healthy and MSG free and all that Jazz, but honestly, taco seasoning seemed easier! Well let me tell you, It's Not much faster and the flavor just doesn't cut it. You want to know why my sudden change of heart??... THIS RECIPE. I think I figured out the secret that is hiding in it, that I never would have thought to put in my taco meat, but man I will NEVER use pre-made taco seasoning again! My boys told me not to ever again to. So I made taco meat with all the intention of having leftovers for Thursdays Taco bowls..... but I better get out some more meat out of the freezer. my boys even want to make taco salad tomorrow. We shall see. I will be making the Taco Bowls on Thursday as planned and I will report back if they are delicious or not, but I will give you the recipe anyways just because the taco meat was delicious!

Taco Bowls

Cilantro Lime Rice:
2 TBSP Butter
1 1/4 cup basmati Rice
2 1/4 cup chicken broth
juice from 1 lime
1/4 cup cilantro
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp cumin

Add butter and dry rice to sauce pan. Heat over med heat till melted and rice is a little toasted. Add remaining ingredients. Bring to a boil. Cover and Reduce to low Cook 15- 20 Minutes when rice is done. Doesn't this rice sound AWESOME?!?!


Taco Meat:
1 1/2 pound burger meat
1 tsp salt
1 tsp cumin
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp onion powder
1 tsp brown sugar(I think this is the secret ingredient!)
1/4 tsp black pepper
Now I cooked the burger till done and mixed all the spices together and then added it to the meat and mixed well. This is what I used for my taco meat.

Now to finish the Taco  Bowl meat add
1 can tomato sauce
1 can diced chilies
1 can chili beans (do not drain)

For taco bowls layer your rice, meat and any toppings you want such as:
Corn Chips
shredded lettuce
cheese
chopped tomatoes
pico de gallo
guacamole
sour cream

Load it up and ENJOY!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment