Saturday, February 22, 2014

Homemade Corn Dogs

Since our last trip to Texas allowed us to test my son Kaden for his egg allergy and find out that he finally outgrew the allergy, I finally got to introduce him to corn dogs. It became both of my sons favorite. They ate them EVERYWHERE. Isaiah loved them even more then Kaden but both ate them all around the state. When we got back here, they were sad that we couldn't buy any more. Thankfully I knew I had my moms recipe for homemade corn dogs that she made for us in Zambia. My boys were thrilled. These turn out really good and are really easy to make.

Corn dogs
1lb hotdogs dry off juices
2/3 cornmeal
1 cup flour
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
2 TBSP sugar
1 egg
1 cup milk

Dry off hotdogs really well. Mix all ingredients together. Heat oil in a deep fryer or deep pan. You want the oil to completely cover the corn dogs. Coat the hotdogs with batter. Dip into hot oil. Make sure all side gets touched by oil or the batter will fall off. Cook till golden brown. These cook pretty fast so keep an eye on them.

No comments:

Post a Comment