Monday, November 4, 2013

Carino's Bow Tie Festival

Today I really REALLY wanted to be able to go OUT to eat and pasta was what I wanted! But since there is no Olive Garden or Carino's around I figured I would test out a recipe that I had found. I really love Carino's Bow Tie Festival but have never tried making it and this recipe was a copy cat one. It turned out great and tasted almost just like it! It might taste exactly like it if I would have had heavy whipping cream but all I had was evaporated milk and I didn't have any fresh onions and used dried chopped onions. But it did turn out great and will be made again!

Bow Tie Festival
1 ounce melted butter

1 teaspoon chopped fresh garlic

1/8 cup diced red onion (I used dried chopped onions)

1/4 cup diced cooked bacon

1/4 cup diced Roma tomatoes

1 cup sliced, cooked chicken

1 ounce heavy (whipping) cream ( I used evaporated milk)

1 jar of Ragu Alfredo sauce (I made my own version... recipe below)

1/8 cup Asiago cheese
 ( I didn't have this either but used Parmesan)
1/2 teaspoon salt

1/2 teaspoon pepper

1/2 teaspoon garlic salt

10 ounces pre-cooked Bow-tie Noodle

In a heated sauté pan, combine butter, garlic, onions, bacon, tomatoes, chicken, and spice mixture. When onions begin to turn translucent, add heavy cream and Asiago cheese. Once cheese and cream have reduced by half, add Alfredo sauce and bow-tie pasta. Toss until well combined and remove from fire. Allow pasta to cool for a few minutes so the cheese and sauce can thicken


Easy Alfredo sauce
1/4 cup butter
1 cup heavy cream ( I used evaporated milk)
1 clove garlic minced
1 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese grated
1/4 cup parsley

Melt butter in a medium saucepan over medium low heat. Add cream and simmer for 5 minutes, then add garlic and cheese and whisk quickly, heating through. Stir in parsley and serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment