Friday, November 1, 2013

Pumpkin Pie Pancakes

November is here! Bring on the pumpkin treats, Hot Chocolate and the Macy's Day Parade! I love this time of year! Of course here in Galena the fall season of pretty color leaves and crisp days to wear sweaters has past and snow is already on the ground but it doesn't mean we can enjoy all the yummy treats that Fall has to offer! I love the flavors that are associated with Fall. Cinnamon, cloves, nutmeg, all those yummy spices that tickle my taste buds. Pumpkin, squash, apple, pears, cranberries and all those delicious foods that mix with those delicious spices..... I am drooling already! So lets start the feasting! So this month I am going to share recipes that are associated with Thanksgiving and Fall.

The recipe I have today is a constant at our house, even without Fall. Mostly because I LOVE pumpkin! Pumpkin Pie Pancakes. Can you say yum? Can't go wrong on that breakfast lunch or dinner. Saturdays breakfasts or even Tuesday dinner. Who says Pancakes can only be for breakfast? We eat them quite often for dinner! I love the flavors of these! So do my kids. They like to have Chocolate chips added to their pancakes.... Can't really go wrong on that either! Make up a batch and enjoy these yummy Fall(or Anytime) Pancakes!

Pumpkin Pie Pancakes
1 cup flour ( I add more due to the egg replacer I use, I have never made these with eggs so I don't know if they get fluffy or not with eggs but the egg replacer doesn't work so well unless you add more flour. I add about a 1/2 cup more if not they are really flat)
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1 TBSP pumpkin pie spice
1/2 tsp salt
2 TBSP sugar
1 cup buttermilk (1 cup milk with 1 tsp vinegar is what I use)
1/2 cup canned pumpkin
2 large eggs
1/4 cup oil
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 cup( or more) chopped pecans or walnuts.

Whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, pumpkin spice, salt, and sugar. Whisk in buttermilk, pumpkin, eggs, oil and vanilla. Blend well.  Add pecans. Heat griddle over medium heat spray with PAM. Pour batter by 1/3 cupfuls on griddle. Cook till bubbly and golden brown on bottom and flip over and cook on other side till golden brown.  Serve with syrup! YUM!!

No comments:

Post a Comment