Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Ginger Pumpkin Bread

Thanksgiving Week! I can not say how excited I am to watch the Macy's Day Parade. There is just something festive about a parade with a giant turkey and Santa Clause! Plus the whole thing about having a wonderful dinner with food and friends, makes this holiday one of my favorite! And to celebrate Thanksgiving week I am cooking up some of my favorite bread. Ginger Pumpkin Bread. This sweet bread is absolutely wonderful. You get the pumpkin pie and ginger flavor rolled all together in a loaf! I LOVE IT!! I make this one all year round just because it is so tasty! I hope you enjoy it and have a wonderful Thanksgiving week!

 Ginger Pumpkin Bread
3 cups sugar
1 cup oil
4 eggs (this bread works great with Egg Replacer)
2/3 cup water
1 can Pumpkin Puree
2 teaspoons ginger
1 teaspoon all spice
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon ground cloves
3 1/2  cup flour
2 teaspoon baking soda
1 1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
 (You can add nuts or even Chocolate chips to this too and make it even more yummlisious!)

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease 2 loaf pans.
In a large mixing bowl combine sugar, oil and eggs. Beat till smooth. Add water and beat till well blended. Stir in Pumpkin, ginger, cinnamon, and All spice.

In Medium bowl combine flour, soda, salt, and baking powder. Add dry ingredients to the pumpkin mixture blend till all mixed. Divide into pans Bake about 1 hour till toothpick comes out clean.

No comments:

Post a Comment