Saturday, November 2, 2013

Pumpkin Roll~ Ryan Maier's Recipe

These Pumpkin Rolls are from my friend Ryan Maier. He was a co-worker of Keith's in Florida and would make these in the Fall and bring them to work. I would try to time my visits to the office for when he had these! When we moved to Alaska he gave me the recipe so that I could make them too. They are so delicious!  I am making these today for a Ladies Night Out that we are having tomorrow. They are a special treat and after the "eventful" Summer we had this year we needed a night out with special treats! (You can read about it all in my family blog http://ramostribeadventures.blogspot.com/ in the months of May, June, and July of 2013) So for tomorrow I am cooking up these and a few other Fall treats to have. I love pumpkin rolls! Thanks Ryan for the recipe!

Pumpkin Roll~ Ryan Maier's Recipe
Mix:
3 eggs slightly beaten
1 cup white sugar
2/3 cup pumpkin pie mix(if I don't have the mix I use pumpkin with cinnamon and all spice.)
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
3/4 cup flour

Spray a jelly roll pan or cookie sheet with a edge pan with pam. Line pan with parchment paper. Spray parchment paper with pam. Pour pumpkin mixture in pan. Spread evenly around pan. It will be a thin layer. Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes. Remove from oven and  Immediately roll into a log. then let it cool completely. I refrigerate it for a while. When cool mix up filling.

Filling:
2 Tablespoons soft margarine
1 8oz pk cream cheese
1 cup powder sugar
1 tsp vanilla

Cream together. Carefully unroll log and remove Parchment paper. spread filling on cake and re-roll. Wrap in foil or saran wrap. I use saran wrap. Chill or freeze. Freezing makes it more solid and easier to cut in slices. ENJOY!

No comments:

Post a Comment