Thursday, November 7, 2013

Soft Frosted Pumpkin Spice Cookies

These are quickly becoming one of my favorite cookies of all time! I have said before that I love Pumpkin and when you top it with a cream cheese frosting, well who can beat that? Seriously! Frosted Pumpkin Spice cookies.... YUM I make these for any party that I have or go to and there are usually never any left. If I just want a few for our family I will divide the recipe and then just make a small batch. The frosting is a big batch and I actually can frost 2 batches with one batch of frosting. but the frosting freezes well so You can store it till you need it! Which is what I do. I personally don't like these cookies after about 2 days so I try to make the batch only as big as will be eaten right away. They kind of get crumbly after 2 days. And I usually never frost them until right before the party, just so they are creamy and delicious!  These cookies really make you feel like you are biting into the fall season with the spices and pumpkin! They are one of my favorites!

Soft Frosted Pumpkin Spice Cookies
2 1/2 cup flour
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp nutmeg
1/2 tsp cloves
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 cup butter, softened
1 1/2 cup sugar
1 cup canned pumpkin puree
1 egg
1 tsp vanilla

Preheat oven 350. Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, salt. Set aside. In medium bowl cream together butter and sugar. Add egg, pumpkin and vanilla. Beat till creamy. Add dry ingredients. Drop on cookie sheet and flatten slightly(this is important so the icing spreads nicely). Bake 15-20 minutes. cool completely before frosting.

Frosting
1/2 cup butter, softened
1/2 cup cream cheese, softened
2-3 cups powder sugar
1 tsp vanilla
1 tsp cinnamon.
Cream butter and cream cheese together. Slowly add powder sugar with mixer till creamy and thick. add vanilla and cinnamon. frost the cookies.

THESE ARE SCRUMPTIOUS!! and work great with egg replacer! DELICIOUS!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment