Friday, November 8, 2013

Cinnamon Hot Chocolate.

"Oh the weather outside is frightful
And the fire is so delightful
And since we've no place to go
Let it Snow Let it snow Let it Snow!"


"When it snows ain't it thrilling
Though your nose gets a chilling
Well frolic and play the Eskimo way
Walking in a winter wonderland"

Two songs that go along with my day! We are having a winter storm with high winds and lots of snow. But thankfully warmer temps.... when I say warmer I am meaning in the teens. But it is refreshing and the snow is so beautiful! My kids are outside with our neighbors daughter playing in the snow. I was just out shoveling it, which honestly I love to do.... Is that weird? We are expecting 6-12 inches of snow this weekend and maybe some rain... Hopefully not the rain. But the snow provides us with an abundant  amount of activities to do like snow ski, sledding, building snow castles and snow angels. Mountains of fun! I love snow and so do my boys! After an afternoon of playing in the fluffy fun, it usually is hot chocolate time! What better way to warm you up then with a warm cup of chocolate? As I am writing this I can hear my boys stomping their feet in the Arctic Entry way and taking off their coats. So I am headed to the kitchen to make some hot chocolate. 

This recipe is from my friend Catherine, who shared it after her trip to Paris to visit her in-laws. I have adopted this recipe as my own and LOVE IT! I have also made some adaptions to fit different taste buds. This is a creamy smooth hot chocolate that warms you up real nicely! DELICIOUS!!! 

Cinnamon Hot Chocolate.(this really is delicious! Can I say that enough)
1/2 cup sugar
1/3 cup cocoa powder
1/3 cup water
4 cups milk
1 tsp vanilla
1 tsp cinnamon
dash of salt
 Mix cocoa, cinnamon, salt and sugar in pan. Combine water and stir. Bring to a boil over Medium heat. Boil 2 minutes. Slowly add milk. Stir well. Heat thoroughly and add vanilla. Topping this with whipped cream is scrumptious.

My Adaptions:
 Mexican Vanilla Cinnamon Hot chocolate I add a dash of Cayenne pepper. Makes it a little spicy! I love it!

Fall Spice Cinnamon Hot Chocolate Add some Pumpkin Pie spice to give it that fallish flavor. Try this, It will become a favorite for those cold winter nights.... which we are already having.


No comments:

Post a Comment