Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Meema's Jello Salad

 Today I am busy cooking for our Thanksgiving feast with our neighbors and on the menu is Turkey, Sweet Potatoes, rolls, pie, Cheese Flan and Jello Salad and that is only coming out of my kitchen. Karin is cooking up some wonderful things too! I am looking forward to my Jello salad. I have just enough cool whip to make it this year. This is usually a dish that I have to wait to visit Texas to get. My Meema does make it best! And when I come to her house she ALWAYS has it waiting in the fridge! It is MY FAVORITE JELLO! I can never seem to make it quite the same but I think Meema puts in more LOVE into it. My cousins and I usually fight over it, but I always win! =) hahahaha. Meema has even sent it in a To-Go box for me if I have to travel. Seriously it is delicious! I am counting down the days till I can have some, which is 13 by the way! Can't wait to have a Christmas with my family this year! But I am really looking forward to Thanksgiving tomorrow! What a wonderful time of year to gather together with good food, great friends and be thankful for what we have. After the flood we had this spring, I realize there are many many things that I have not thought of to be thankful for this year.

Meema's Jello Salad
1 (15oz) can crushed Pineapple with juice
1  (6oz) box lime jello
2 cups buttermilk (use milk with a little vinegar)
1 cup coconut
1 cup Chopped Pecans
1( 8 oz) Cool-whip( or dream-whip)
Place the pineapple and juice in a pan on stove. Stir and Heat to boil. Remove from stove and add jello. Stir till jello is dissolved. Cool and add buttermilk, coconut and pecans. Cool completely and add cool-whip. Chill for 4 hours. Get a big spoon and enjoy!
( I know Meema sometimes puts in marshmallows but I think it takes away from the yummyness of this dish. SO I Omit them.)


No comments:

Post a Comment