Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Zuppa Toscana

The other night, Keith was checking Facebook and he ran across a recipe. He shared it with me and said you should make this. We have most of the ingredients and it looks really good! I have seen this recipe go around Facebook for a while now and figured it did look good and super easy. So yesterday I browned the sausage and threw it in the crock pot and waited to try it for dinner. I was glad it turned out so well. Even my boys ate it all out of their bowls and they don't normally eat Spinach and potatoes. So I am sharing the recipe with you in case you haven't seen it on Facebook. It is a good soup!

Zuppa Toscana
1 lb Italian sausage( I used our fresh made bear Italian sausage)
4-6 potatoes chopped
1 onion chopped
1/4 cup bacon
2 TBSP minced garlic
32 oz ( 4 cups) chicken broth
1 cup Kale/ Swiss Chard/ Spinach chopped(I used frozen spinach and it worked great too)
1 cup heavy whipping cream(I used evaporated milk)
2 TBSP flour
Brown sausage. Place sausage in Slow cooker. add potatoes, garlic, and broth. (If you need a little more water to cover the meat and potatoes add some. I didn't need any more. Cook on high for 3-4 hours low 6-7 hours till potatoes are soft. 30 minutes before serving, mix cream and flour together. Remove all lumps. Pour into slow cooker and mix in well. Add Kale stir. Cook on high 30 more minutes till thickens, Add salt, pepper and Cayenne for flavor. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment