Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Hot Rolls (No Rise)

This is my Go To recipe for quick rolls/cinnamon rolls/doughnuts when I am short on time. This recipe came from my mom and I use it a lot! It is fast mixing together and you can use all of it or it stores well in the fridge for a few weeks. I like to use it for rolls for dinner and then use the leftover dough and roll it out for cinnamon rolls for our breakfast in the morning.  I do let it rise a bit if I have time but you don't need to.  I like to let the cinnamon rolls rise for a while, stick them in the fridge and then pull them out in the morning. They just seem a bit more light and fluffy when you do let them rise a bit. But these are really tasty rolls! I just made them tonight and used the leftover dough for desserts and made hot fresh doughnuts. Wow they were delicious!

Hot Roll Mix- No rise
Dissolve: 1 TBSP yeast in 1/2 cup warm water and 1 TBSP sugar
Add:
1/2 cup oil
2 cups buttermilk, sour milk, yogurt, (if you don't have these which I don't have often I make my own sour milk. Pour 2 cups milk and add 1tsp of vinegar to it. Let it set for a minute so it can get thick)
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 tsp baking soda
5 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
5 cups(or more) Flour ( I use bread flour)
Mix and Knead well.  It will be a little bit sticky but that is OK. You want it to be a soft dough. I coat my hands in flour and pull out about a golf ball size and put them in greased muffin pan.  Bake at 425 degrees for about 10 minutes till golden on top.

For cinnamon rolls: Roll out on a flour surface. spread with soft butter and sprinkle cinnamon and sugar over butter. Roll up. Cut into about 1 inch thick slices. Place in greased pan. As I said before, I let these rise so they are really fluffy and delicious! Bake at 425 degrees till golden on top.

For Doughnuts: roll out and cut out. Fry at 350 degrees till golden brown

For left over dough Place in greased container. Refrigerate left over dough. This last for a few weeks. but seldom does this ever last more then a day in my fridge.

No comments:

Post a Comment