Monday, October 28, 2013

Blueberry Pound Cake

I first got this recipe when we lived in Florida and would go to a Pick-your-own Blueberry farm. We would buy them but the tub that you would pick. DELICIOUS! I love blueberries! And pound cakes! I would make this cake a lot for any get together that we had. It was a hit, if I could get it out the door without my husband and I taking some bites!  I have not made this in a while because this is one recipe that CAN NOT be used with Egg-replacer, that I have to use for Kaden. With out eggs this cake is left flat and dense. But since we had a great year for Alaskan blueberries this year, I made one for when we had dinner a few weeks ago. I made a different dessert for Kaden but this cake turned out terrific! If you like pound cake and Blueberries you better try it!

Blueberry Pound Cake
1 cup butter
2 cups sugar
4 eggs
1 tsp vanilla
2 cups flour
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp Baking Powder
1/2 cup flour to dredge berries in
2 cups blueberries(fresh or frozen)

Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
Cream butter and sugar together. Add eggs one at a time till light and fluffy. add vanilla.
Sift 2 cups flour, salt, baking powder together then add them to creamed ingredients. Beat well. Drege Blueberries in about 1/2 cup flour.  This helps them not smash when you are folding them in. I have found that frozen berries work better because they don't get smashed when stirring them into the batter. Fold the berries in to mixture. Grease bundt pan and pour batter in Bake 1 hour and 15 minutes. Use a tooth pick to check if the middle is done. Let cool in pan about 10 minutes. Flip onto plate let cool. Sprinkle with powder sugar or make a glaze for the top.

No comments:

Post a Comment