Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Slow Cooker Chicken Tikka Masala & Naan Bread

Indian food is one of my favorite kinds of food to eat. I love the spice and flavor of each dish. One of my favorite dishes to eat is Chicken Tikka Masala with Naan Bread. I have a few recipes for Chicken Tikka Masala but this one is a Slow Cooker one which you can put it in the pot in the morning and eat it for dinner. I love slow cooking. So today I am going to share the slow cooker version that I have enjoyed. And the Naan bread is DELICIOUS!!

Slow Cooker Tikka Masala
8 boneless chicken tenders(I think chicken thighs would be more juicy)
4 cloves garlic minced
1 onion diced
2 TBSP ginger
1 can tomato puree(29 oz)
1 1/2 cup yogurt( I used sour cream because I don't have yogurt)
2 TBSP olive oil
2 TBSP Graham Masala
1 TBSP cumin
1/2 TBSP parika
2 tsp salt
1 tsp cinnamon
3/4 tsp black pepper
1-3 tsp cayene pepper.( I omit this because my boys don't like it too spicy)
2 bay leaves
1 cup heavy cream
3 TBSP corn starch

Cut chicken in cubes. Mix all the ingredients EXCEPT Bay leaf, Heavy cream and Corn Starch. Coat the chicken well. Put in crock pot, sprinkle the remaining spices on top of the chicken. Add bay leaves. Cover and cook on low for 8 hours. (4 hours on High) When done whisk together cream and corn starch. Pour in pot and stir gently. Cook 20 minutes more. Serve over Rice

Naan (Indian bread)
1 pk active dry ingredients
1 cup warm water
1/4 cup sugar
3 TBSP milk
1 egg beaten ( I use egg replacer and it works great!)
2 tsp salt
4 1/2 cup bread flour
2 tsp minced garlic
1/4 cup butter, melted

In a large bowl, dissolve yeast in warm water. Let stand about 10 minutes till frothy. Stir in sugar, milk, egg, salt. Add cups of  flour till forms soft dough. Knead 6-8 minutes till smooth. Place dough in well oiled bowl, cover with damp cloth, set aside to rise. 1 hour. Punch down dough and knead in garlic. Pinch off handfuls of dough about the size of golf balls. Roll into balls and place on tray. Cover with a towel and allow to rise. double in size about 30 minutes. Preheat the grill to medium high heat. (I use the Pancake griddle)After 30 minutes. Roll out balls into thin circle. Lightly oil grill. Place dough on grill, cook 2-3 minutes on one side till puffy and light brown. Brush uncooked side with butter and turn over and cook. Brush cooked side with butter. Remove from grill.

No comments:

Post a Comment